The Directors are strong advocates of working together in the community.
Our programs focus not only on health but the youth, our culture, education, housing and all aspects of our lives. BAHSL services are available to the surrounding communities and small towns in the area, and provides a resource centre for;
· health related issues
· medical advice and treatment
· Talks to school students and teachers on health issues
· individual and family counselling
· information and advice about issues relating to substance abuse
· sexual health services
· family violence
· children's health/issues
· adolescent health
· women's and men's health
· healthy lifestyle (including healthy eating)
· Ear Health screening
· Eye Health
· Dental services
BAHSL also conducts Health Promotion activities for State, National and International events, eg World AIDS Day, Heart Health Week, Cancer Awareness Day, Seniors Week, Diabetes Awareness Day, and Kidney Awareness Week.
These types of activities not only promote a positive image for our town but also bring people together in a relaxed and non-threatening environment.